Avonside Group is the UK’s largest Roofing contracting business offering a national service with the care, attention and personal touch of a local company. We are a national building services provider, with Roofing, Plumbing and Heating, Renewables and Energy divisions.
About the Role
We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality projects, exceptional customer service and we are looking to add a Regional Management Accountant to our team based in Leicester.
Key Activities will Include
The role will cover a broad variety of tasks including:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts to tight deadlines.
- Detailed analysis and review of the P&L ensuring that all variances are explained, and relevant actions taken if required.
- Preparation of job costing analysis to reconcile with the management accounts, on a monthly and cumulative basis.
- Sense check and deep dive into any jobs that are behind expectation with remedial action.
- Check and challenge monthly stock and WIP numbers ensuring back up is provided and accurate.
- Posting of monthly journals.
- Review and management of balance sheets ensuring any unusual balances are investigated and understood and ensuring reconciling back up for all nominals.
- Involvement in the budgeting and reforecast processes.
- Actively seek cost-reduction opportunities.
- Being the main point of contact for all audit queries ensuring that documentation is in an orderly and accurate fashion and available on request.
- The accurate submission of monthly VAT returns to HMRC ensuring that documentation is accurately maintained.
Required Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate will be a finalist/newly qualified (CIMA/ACCA) management accountant with at least 3 years of experience within a fast paced, demanding environment
- Keen eye for detail
- A focus on continuous improvement and identifying alternative, improved ways of doing things
- Able to work under their own initiative to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Familiar with ERP systems (Netsuite advantageous)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Benefits of the Role
This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable company with a successful history in the region and great potential for the individual candidate’s career development and, at this critical time, job security, being part of the largest roofing contractor in the UK.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for the role, please submit your application, salary expectations and CV by email to:
FAO: Emma Callacher, Head of Human Resources
Avonside Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We reserve the right to withdraw the advert before the closing date in the event of sufficient applicants or extend it as appropriate.