Avonside Group is the UK’s largest Roofing contracting business offering a national service with the care, attention and personal touch of a local company. We are a national building services provider, with Roofing, Plumbing and Heating, Renewables and Energy divisions.
About the Role
We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality projects; exceptional customer service and we are looking to appoint a Management Accountant to our team in Worcester.
Key Activities will Include
- Assisting in the completion of the monthly management accounts pack with appropriate variance analysis and commentary
- Providing accurate month-end information; and support in weekly, monthly and ad hoc group reports
- Monthly analysis and reconciliation of control accounts and balance sheet reconciliations including Intercompany
- General ledger journals including accruals and prepayments
- Supporting the production of management accounts; budgets and forecasts
- Completing VAT submissions
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual audit file and requests during the audit
- Providing monthly suggested payment listing for authorisation
- Continually monitoring aged debtors and preparing reports and commentary as required
- Monitoring and chasing expiring rebate reports and periodic claims
Required Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate will be a finalist/newly qualified (CIMA/ACCA) management accountant with at least 3 years of experience within a fast paced, demanding environment
- Keen eye for detail
- A focus on continuous improvement and identifying alternative, improved ways of doing things
- Able to work under their own initiative to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Familiar with ERP systems (Netsuite advantageous)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Benefits of the Role
This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable company with a successful history in the region and great potential for the individual candidate’s career development and, at this critical time, job security, being part of the largest roofing contractor in the UK.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for the role, please submit your application, salary expectations and CV by email to:
FAO: Emma Callacher, Head of Human Resources
Avonside Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.